I thought I was in a shopping mall! 正正常常的购物中心里面竟然是...?! Sherwood Gateway Hotel @Bangi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It is ordinary for girls to spend their whole day to laze around in a shopping mall. However, have you spent your night to sleep in the shopping mall before? Haha definitely  the answer is NO except when there are some situations  where you really  can't avoid to but I think  the chance is  really low or even impossible 😂

Last week, I had my mini trip to Kuala Lumpur with my family & my experience staying in Sherwood Gateway Hotel was really awesome! It was previously a shopping mall before the whole building was transformed into a hotel. Since they maintained the design and structure of the building, the hotel looks exactly like a shopping mall! Yes, you read me right, I thought I was in a shopping mall rather than a hotel haha! Sound interesting and unbelievable right? Can't wait to share with you all about this unique hotel!

Sherwood Gateway Hotel is a newly opened hotel which located in Bangi, Selangor. We booked the hotel from Agoda at RM429.30 for three double deluxe rooms.  The price is considered reasonable especially when it is so hard to find an accommodation near Bangi.   

The reception desk looks like the information counter in the shopping mall. Staffs are so polite and friendly. 

The simple but comfy lobby. 

My attention was drawn by the structure of this hotel. I know that it is a hotel so it's normal to be that quiet but when it comes to the design of a shopping mall, it has an eerie feeling...


Looking down from the corridor 👀 Eh isn't it the angle that we usually look at when we wait for mum while she is shopping? Haha

The corridor. 

The interior design of the room. Since all the rooms were derived from shops, the structure of room was quite unique compared to other hotels. Good experience tho! However, I was shocked by how spacious the room was because it was designed for only two people to stay. Imagine that there are two air-conditioners in the room!

More photos of the room:






In short, I was satisfied with the service of this hotel: Staffs were polite and the hotel was clean and comfortable. Basic toiletries like towels, soap, shampoo, body shampoo are provided but one thing they do not provide is the toothbrush+toothpaste. However, you can request it from the counter but I'm not sure whether there is an extra charge or not. There was no problem in term of the strength of WIFI so thumbs up for that. 

However, since it is a new hotel, they do not have their own restaurant to provide food service. Therefore, you have to settle your meal yourself but I don't think it is a major problem as there is a shopping mall nearby and some restaurants with walking distance around the hotel. Believe me, everything was so convenient!

A happy and wonderful experience to stay in Sherwood Gateway Hotel. Definitely will come again next time! 


Address: Plaza Perdana, Jalan Gerbang Wawasan 1,, Bandar Baru Bangi, 43650 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-8928 9077



By, 



Comments